Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #102: Less Than The Best

Today's Video: "Airport Turkey"

***
Discuss/Describe an area of your life where you are currently settling for less than God has for you. 

I feel like my whole life is like this quite frankly. Though I'm hesitant to say my job, cause I got that after quite a bit of effort and prayer. It wasn't the best job for me skills-wise (I'm really overqualified for it), but at that point I was desperate. It does, however, pay decent, has security thanks to it being union, and has excellent health insurance. So for the time I was in school it was a good job.

If I could push myself to trust God more, to take more risks and to not worry so much about what others think, I might not settle so much. God wants us to have an abundant life, after all. And mine doesn't feel abundant right now. :(

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned.
--Beauty and the Beast, "Belle (Reprise)"

Betcha on land they understand
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women
Sick of swimmin', ready to stand!
And ready to know what the people know
Ask them my questions and get some answers
Like "What's a fire and why does it"--what's the word?--" burn?"
When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?
Out of the sea, wish I could be
Part of that world.
--The Little Mermaid, "Part of Your World"

Why do all my dreams extend
Just beyond the riverbend?
--Pocahontas, "Just Beyond The Riverbend"

I'm almost there, I'm almost there
People 'round here think I'm crazy
But I don't care
Trials and tribulations, I've had my share
But that ain't gonna stop me now 
Cause I'm almost there.
I remember Daddy told me
"Fairy tales can come true.
But you gotta make 'em happen,
It all depends on you."
So I work real hard each and every day
And things for sure are going my way.
--The Princess and the Frog, "Almost There"

"Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing.
-- Mary Margaret Blanchard, Once Upon a Time

No comments: