Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #80: Corruption

Today's Video: "Cat Filter"

***
Discuss/Describe who are the corrupt people in your life. How can you become “allergic” to them?

I know I should stay away from people who gossip and talk bad about people behind their back. Cause I seem to have picked up the habit too. And I know it's wrong, but I end up doing it anyway, to fit in. How can I become "allergic" to them? Well, unfortunately, I work with most of them. But I guess I can just not listen to their conversations. That's usually why I listen to music when I'm in the break room. At the times I overhear it when I'm working and can't resort to that, I'll just have to ignore it, I guess. Focus on my work. 

Part of the problem is I'm very curious - with that reporter sort of curiosity - and probably a bit nosey too, so sometimes I want to know what people are talking about.

Of course a lot of times this gets me involved in others' drama, which I usually try to avoid doing. I don't like causing drama or being caught up in it. Sometimes I can't prevent it - people sometimes confide in me out of the blue. I don't know why this is - do I have a real trusting face or something? (Granted, it goes both ways - sometimes I find myself talking about real personal stuff about me with total strangers or people I know online but have never met. That's probably not a great idea). 

So I need to be "allergic" to gossiping and talking behind others' backs. Basically.

No comments: