Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #82: Comfortable but Destructive

Today's Video: "Chair"

***
Discuss/Describe what are the comfortable but destructive relationships you have in your life? How do you remove yourself from them? 

Well my relationship with Kyle wasn't constructive ultimately, but that's in the past.

I guess being around people who are negative is destructive because it makes me negative. Like for example, I never used to be as negative about my job till I started being around Miyuki and Jerry, both of whom make it no secret that they want out of there though they have yet to take action on said threats. I mean, yeah, I don't like my job, but I mostly kept that to myself. Now I'm vocal about it. Except that because I'm so darn indecisive, I haven't done anything about it either. I mean, I'm not going to be rash; obviously, I won't leave my current job till I have something else lined up. But being negative about it isn't making going to work any easier. Unfortunately, I can't always escape Miyuki - Jerry I can cause he works in dairy box and I don't encounter him often - and she is my friend, her negativity aside. But I guess I need to "think happy thoughts." Or as the Bible says: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things" (Phil. 4:8, NIV). Maybe that will help?

No comments: