Pages

Sunday, April 06, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #85: Fear

Today's Video: "Pray for Me - Fear"

***
Discuss/Describe a situation where you responded in fear and not wisdom? How did that work out?

Oh boy I've responded to a lot of things in fear. It practically rules my life. Often times when faced with a situation that is stressful, I get worried. And worry comes from fear. At my current job, I've had a paranoia often times that if I messed up on anything, they would fire me. This is because part of the reason I was let go from my last job was because they asked me to change certain behaviors and I didn't. I don't stop and ask God what to do, respect his opinion. I just worry, or I complain. If not that, I try to control things myself, use my "scripts" that I have in my head to get me through certain situations (an attempt to compensate for my social difficulties, a symptom of my Asperger's). That's why I like life to be predictable - cause then I know what to do, how to act, what to say, etc. I don't look like a bumbling idiot trying to feel my way through an unexpected situation. Cause I want to look like I have it together.

How did it work out? Not always very well. It just generally makes my life full of fear and negativity and dissatisfaction. Not very pleasant at all.

No comments: