Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #94: That Still, Small Voice

Today's Video: "St. Paul's Cathedral"

***
Discuss/Describe what God is whispering to you. What must you do to hear God’s still, small voice, and ignore what the world is screaming?

Probably that he loves me and that I can trust him, and that I am special and pretty and not useless, and the opposite of all the other lies I believe. That despite what I or the world might say, I am his child, his daughter, his princess, and that's not going to change. 

I used to have this daydream about this. I knew I was God's daughter, his princess, and I imagined that every time I came to him in prayer or whatever, it was like a princess entering a throne room to see her father the king. But my vision of myself as said princess was never very good, because I knew my Christian life was a mess. I always viewed myself as not a pretty princess, and my princess dress as worn and old, and my overall look as not very positive or appealing. In retrospect, I suppose this says a lot about my self-image. I should have a better image of myself at least in that situation. Or at the very least believe that the King (God) believed I was beautiful, even if I didn't. Him, and the Crown Prince (Jesus), and my Royal Guard (guardian angel(s)). 

I think I need to stop and be still, otherwise I'm not going to be able to hear God's still, small voice. Often I don't. I hate being bored, hate sitting around doing nothing. So I usually don't take time to just stop and be still, because I feel like I should be doing something else, anything else. Don't waste time, I'll say. There's always something I could be doing. I'm a Martha, as I've said before. If only I could calm down...

There is a lady all in white
She sings me a lullaby
She's nice to hear
And she's soft to touch
And she says, "Cosette,
I love you very much."
--"Castle on a Cloud," Les Misérables 

Little voice inside keeps calling
Little voice inside me cries
Little voice inside keeps calling
Little voice - oh won't you be my guide. 
--"Little Voice Inside," Jaci Velasquez

No comments: