Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Miles-a-Minute Challenge #98: Being Misunderstood

Today's Video: "Hermes"

***
Discuss/Describe a previous conversation where you tried to explain yourself, but kept being misunderstood? Was it because "how you said it" was not matching "what you were saying"?

Well there are times I haven't been understood because of a language barrier - like I tried to speak Spanish to someone at work and failed, mainly cause I didn't know all the words in Spanish for what I wanted to say in English.

But there are probably definitely times I have tried to explain myself and been misunderstood. I often think of what I'm saying as I'm saying it, rather than before. So something that sounds good in my head might not sound so good out loud. Same with thoughts - I tend to vocalize my thoughts (it's an Asperger's thing), which means sometimes I say things out loud that I didn't mean to say out loud.

So it has happened, yes.

No comments: